Romney will Lose Against Obama in 2012
I am going to keep this post brief. The corporate media is full of coverage about the republican primaries (freakshow) for selecting a candidate to run against Barack Obama in 2012. The current media favorite is Mitt Romney. Here is my prediction-
Barring some major scandal or screwup, Obama will very likely defeat Mitt Romney in Nov 2012.
Some of you might wonder about the reasoning behind this somewhat bold prediction- so read on..
1. Romney lags behind Obama even though the latter is clearly a corporate whore. The current economic situation should have put any half-decent republican candidate in a commanding lead over Obama. The very fact that no flesh-and-blood republican candidate can consistently beat Obama (aka Herbert Hoover II) in opinion polls tells me that most people see them as inferior to Obama.
2. Romney comes across as a slick conman who reminds people of the smiling sociopathic CEO who fired them while himself making hundreds of millions. Did I mention that he did precisely that when he worked in the “private” sector. I can guarantee you that his tenure and actions at Bain Capital will be the main weapon used against him in the general election.
3. Romney has changed positions on wedge social issues (abortion, healthcare, gays etc) a bit too often, plus he is a Mormon. It remains to be seen if his lack of ideological purity makes the evangelical republican voter core.. say.. somewhat less enthusiastic than they would otherwise be. It will come down to the ratio of hate for that “black guy” versus the sociopathic crypto-liberal Mormon.
4. Any attempt at suppressing black voters in the age of smartphones and twitter is going to backfire very badly, especially after Obama was elected in 2008. Whites have to get accustomed to the idea that they are a rapidly aging and increasingly irrelevant group as far the course of the nation is concerned.
5. Future attempts by sociopathic mormon boy to woo the evangelical republican core will push away enough moderates to hurt his ability to win the general election. Yes, that is right. His efforts at reconciliation with the core of the republican base after nomination will destroy ant realistic chance of getting elected in Nov 2012.
What do you think? Comments?