My last post on this topic yielded one very good question:
Do you have any online resources you would recommend? Also, does it make more sense to go through an agency or use an independent contractor?
The simple answer to the first question is- through escort review boards. The complex answer is below:
The internet is one of the two great revolutions in finding a good escort. As early as 1997, escort review boards and newsgroups for most major cities in the western world were already up. They have evolved over time, and become better and larger. While the earlier ones were yahoo and msn based, since 2000 most are hosted independently and have a more stable existence.
How do I find them:
1. Use your favorite search engine with no result filtering. You are looking for explicit content, not approved family-friendly content. I use google, though bing is just as good.
2. Use query strings such as “x escort review board”, “x escort review bulletin board”, “x escort bulletin board” where x= name of city. Such searches will often net you multiple good leads.
3. Make sure that you are using a secure browser (updated firefox, chrome, opera) with the appropriate browser security settings. I cannot stress this enough, because some fake (or legitimate sites) might try to install malware. Please use your personal computer for such research. Good quality non-work connectivity (outside your home) can be obtained from a number of sources- starbucks or tethering your smartphone.
4. Now browse each hit, carefully and methodically. Take notes if necessary. A genuine escort review board will have some advertisements, but is usually a very plain affair with a clear separation of advertisements and reviews. Most boards are powered by vBulletin.
5. Most boards, especially in the USA require you to become a member to read reviews. Outside the USA, membership is usually necessary only for commenting. Membership to genuine escort review boards is always free. The advertisements (often in a separate section) pay for the board. Do not use a throwaway e-mail address or your real name (yahoo and gmail pseudonym addresses are respectable).
6. BBs have an etiquette. Explicit language is discouraged for legal reasons, especially in the USA (land of the free). The FAQ, informal glossaries and common sense are the best guides to understanding reviews. If you read such boards for between 1-3 months, you will understand the ‘scene’ in that city very well. Do not expect long timers to give you explicit tips, and as always use multiple sources before you make a decision.
7. If multiple boards are available for a given city, use them! As always, keep notes- so you can track reviews and cross reference them. There are many fine addons in firefox (browser) to help you capture text and create rudimentary databases, as you are data-mining.
8. Craiglist is an interesting source of leads on local review boards, as many escorts mention their positive reviews on such boards- but beware of shills (both reviews and overtly positive boards). Shill reviews for escorts are similar to shill reviews on amazon/ ebay, and can be largely eliminated by cross-referencing and using your common sense.
9. Do not let your dick make decisions. I cannot stress that enough..
In the next post, I will answer the second part of the question: How to arrive at a decision and the relative merits/ perils of different types of service providers.
Part 4 is now up: How to Use Escorts- IV